[WikiEN-l] This isn't a theoretical issue; its real.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 17:29:42 UTC 2004

Charle Podle is making things up. I did *not* make my name
public. EntmootsOfTrolls did, shortly before he theartened
to give my identity to Islamic extremists. (Groups that at
the time and now, were infamous for murdering those that
they disagreed with.)

Mr Natural Health didn't threaten to give me up to
Islamists; he coldly told me that he himself was a Nazi,
and that he lived near me. That's the same as sending an
e-mail to a black in the south that you are a member of the
KKK. Its called an implicit threat, and the local police
departments take such threats seriously, even if certain
Wiki-En members do not.

I am not about to sit back and wait for anyone else to do
the same. In the past, it was considered wrong for
Wikipedia users to "out" people and put such private
information out for others to read. But now that it has
happened to me twice, you'd think that people would stop
such behaviour? No, instead, Charles wrote falsehoods about
me, and ignores the point. I wonder how he would react if
someone was bothering one of his friends or loved ones? Oh
wait, that's different. As long as it is someone else who
is outed and who feels threatened, that's Ok?

No. Its morally wrong when it happens to anyone. It is also
a violation of every norm of Wikipedia etiquette, which
this list seems to have suddenly forgotten about. It is
also probably illegal.

The fact that not a single person here seems to care scares
the hell out of me. If it can be done to one person, it can
be done to any of us. (Just ask some of the many
well-documented victims of the Internet Scientology wars,
who have been threatened, stalked, and whose lives have
been damaged by maniancs from the Church of Scientology.)
This isn't a theoretical issue; its real.

Robert (RK)