[WikiEN-l] "Blocked"?

Koltwills at aol.com Koltwills at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 06:14:06 UTC 2004

Greetings.

I'm new to Wikipedia.  I've made a few posts. Still don't know my way around
the neighborhood.

I'm up crunching a couple of deadlines, but I'm bored, so I return to a
wikipedia listing I hated, but changed only the first sentence (too
preoccupied/impatient to go any further).  I spend some time making the edit -- only to find
I've been blocked.  (Annoying.  Lost everything.)

What's that about?

While I may have ruffled a few feathers with my first few posts
("motherfucker"/talk), I don't believe I've violated any rules.

The message I received was:

"Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by 'Hephaestos
vs. Dallabnikufesin'. The reason given for Hephaestos vs. Dallabnikufesin's
block is as follows: 'Vandalism, clearly aimed at user:Hephaestos'. "

So, what's this "vandalism" crap?  More importantly, how do I get unblocked?

Peace.

deeceevoice