[WikiEN-l] Re: Violation of blocking policy by user "40277"

Stormie wikien-l at eldergoth.com
Thu Jun 24 23:36:15 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Ronald_Reagan&diff=4235469&oldid=4234848

> > 14 edits before this all devolved into blocking, Texture said, in an
> > edit summary, "please discuss on talk page".
>
> That was 18 hours before James added the bit that started it all. I
> don't think James was expected to notice it or feel addressed by it.

Oh, I'm not putting that forward as a claim that everyone has behaved in
an exemplary fashion, by any means. Just wanted you to know that one
person had tried to ask him in an edit summary to discuss things.

Also, it wasn't "18 hours before James added the bit that started it all".
It was is response to his third addition of controversial text. This
summary was attached to a reversion of his edit, which he must have
noticed since he re-inserted his text straight afterwards! :-)

Cheers!
David...