[WikiEN-l] Violation of blocking policy by user "40277"

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 18:50:45 UTC 2004

Your addition was POV.  Please see Wikipedia's policy on [[Neutral point of view]].

RickK (who was not involved in this dispute)

James Marshall <jsm at jmarshall.com> wrote:
My IP address is 24.4.202.208 .

Today I added a phrase to an article which clarified an important point.
Two or three people who don't want the phrase there have been deleting it
all day, without giving a reason, and marking their deletion as "minor"
(it's against policy to mark a deletion as minor). They have also lied,
calling my edit "vandalism" when they know very well it's not (and anyone
can see this for themselves).

I have restored the phrase each time. Now, without warning, I've just
been told that I've been blocked by 40277. The reason given is the cutesy
but meaningless phrase "Strike 3 bucko". Strike 3 of what? I'm not the
one violating policy here. Other people are. (Are they blocked too?) I
haven't vandalized. Rather, others have been deleting text with no
reason, which, while not technically vandalism, is much closer to it than
anything I've done.

If I was blocked but the other users weren't, then user 40277 is misusing
her/his blocking authority and violating policy; maybe some things need to
be explained to her/him. In any case, s/he needs to do a better job of it
than just giving the lame "Strike 3 bucko".

You don't need me to tell you that if the administrators use their power
to promote their point of view, rather than to do their non-biased duties,
then the whole Wikipedia becomes less relevant in the long run.

You can trace some of the dispute here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Ronald_Reagan&action=history

If anyone is in doubt of the relevance of my addition, then I'm happy to
explain it fully and give supporting evidence. So far, none of the
deleters have cared for that.

James