[WikiEN-l] Violation of blocking policy by user "40277"

Charles Podles travelingmirv at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 18:36:42 UTC 2004

--- James Marshall <jsm at jmarshall.com> wrote:
> My IP address is 24.4.202.208 .

<snip>

>  Now, without
> warning, I've just
> been told that I've been blocked by 40277.  The
> reason given is the cutesy
> but meaningless phrase "Strike 3 bucko".  Strike 3
> of what?  I'm not the
> one violating policy here.  Other people are.  (Are
> they blocked too?)  I
> haven't vandalized.  Rather, others have been
> deleting text with no
> reason, which, while not technically vandalism, is
> much closer to it than
> anything I've done.
<snip>

I agree that this block was unjustified, especially
since the edit was not vandalism (POV, perhaps, but
not vandalism) and blocking sysop (user:Oberiko) made
no attempt to explain the three-revert guideline
before the block. I have undone the block.

Mr. Marshall, I hope this bad first experience won't
turn you off contributing to Wikipedia.
You seem to be a polite and reasonable person, not a
vandal by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't
doubt that you're capable of discussing disputed edits
on talk pages, as is our practice.

--Charles Podles ([[en:user:Mirv]])