[WikiEN-l] Long pages

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed Jun 23 16:33:33 UTC 2004

Magnus Manske wrote:

> Other lists ([[List of astronomical topics
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_astronomical_topics>]], as an
> example) can be restructured into the category system, while leaving
> unwritten topics.

Since those kinds of lists are essentially pre-category attempts to
make categories, I think it's worth using them like we do "list of
encyclopedia topics" - remove topics as they are categorized, provide
a link to the category at the top of the list as a hint about where
the rest of the list went. Seems like these lists could become a
better per-area substitute for the requested articles page, since the
lists of topics will tend to become a list of unwritten articles
that somebody thinks are needed.

Stan