[WikiEN-l] Long pages

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Wed Jun 23 14:22:03 UTC 2004

I just had a look at the "longest pages" list. It was spearheaded by an
untranslated article of incredible 243880 bytes. While I blanked that
one and listed it on VfD, I keep wondering if some of these pages
shouldn't go someplace else. [[Table of divisors]] and similar would
IMHO fit better on wikisource. [[List of candidates in the 2004 Canadian
election
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_candidates_in_the_2004_Canadian_election>]]
would fit nicely into the "election data" section, no? The many "List of
asteroids" entries could go there as well. Other lists ([[List of
astronomical topics
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_astronomical_topics>]], as an
example) can be restructured into the category system, while leaving
unwritten topics.

To sum this up, I think we could get rid of at least 100 of the 150
longest pages, without sacrificing any functionality. Shall we try this
or not?

Magnus