[WikiEN-l] Spam protection filter

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 19:39:07 UTC 2004

What the h*ll is the "Spam protection filter"?  I tried to list [[Doggystyle Records]] to [[Wikipedia:Cleanup]] and got shuttled off to [[Spam protection filter]], which says:

The page you wanted to save was blocked by the spam filter. This is probably caused by a link to an external site.

You might want to check the following regular expression for patterns that are currently blocked:

/((http:\/\/(www\.|)(emmss.com|paidsurveysforall.com|hukuki.net|webrank.cn|gerhard.paducktions.net|emmss.net|mongolie.mn))|DeleteMeShizhao|ChinapediaIsNotFree)/

Return to Main Page.

I tried to post this question on the Village Pump and got the same error.  There is nothing in what I posted that matches the above expression, and is this filter going to prevent ALL external links?

RickK