[WikiEN-l] Legal threats as grounds for automatic termination

Mark Richards marich712000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 15:41:41 UTC 2004

Well, I think one way to do this would be to have a
policy that no discussion of lawsuits could take place
on the wiki, that is to say that, once a user has
declared their intention to take legal action
surrounding Wikipedia or its users, the policy would
be to block that user and anyone else who discussed
it, because of the potential for incrimination /
liability etc. Ban them, and direct them to raise the
issue offline with the foundation's legal
representative.
Most companies and non-profits have a similar rule
that their employees and volunteers are not empowered
to discuss legal aspects.
If they drop the case, or it is settled, then allow
them back.
Mark

(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=Fel

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:Raul654&diff=3853204&oldid=3852747,