[WikiEN-l] Legal threats as grounds for automatic termination

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jun 15 14:27:44 UTC 2004

Mark Pellegrini wrote:

>At this point, it's only a proposal. Also, it doesn't actually *do*
>anything. I'd like to suggest adopting a terminate-on-site rule -- you make
>a legal threat, and you're automatically banned. I'd like to know what
>others here think.

We already have enough excuses for banning people.  We don't need
another one.  These threats are almost always hollow.

My response to legal threats is, "Go ahead and sue."  When the person
finds out what's involved in bringing forth a suit across international
jurisdictions they quietly drop the whole thing.

This is another variation of, "Don't feed the trolls."

Ec