[WikiEN-l] libertarian

VV veryverily at myway.com
Mon Jun 14 22:20:24 UTC 2004

 --- On Sat 06/12, libertarian < libertarian at myway.com > wrote:
From: libertarian [mailto: libertarian at myway.com]
To: wikien-l at Wikipedia.org
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:55:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: [WikiEN-l] Ed Poor's abuse of admin powers

> Your frustration is understandable. I myself have faced this sort of
> hounding from the gang of BCorr, Ed Poor, Angela, VV and others. They
> form a closed knit group and inadverently indulge in propaganda.

For those curious what this is all about, and how I got lumped in
(flatteringly) with this set of contributors, it is a bit of a story.
Start with the page history for [[2002 Gujurat violence]].  This user
has posted as LibertarianAnarchist (LA), Democrate2003, and Conradx,
and I suspect most recently as Romanwarrior, Fatalvenom, and maybe one
other (I forget).  Of course, he vociferously denies using this army of
sockpuppets.  His main goal appears to be to push a Hindu nationalist
POV.  He has gone after many other pages, but this is the one where he
was most active.  ([[Babri Mosque]] is another.)

On Talk pages, he called everyone who disagreed with him either a
communist or (later) a racist.  His rhetoric on [[Mount Everest]] was
particularly wild, and some was repeated on the mailing list, as is now
happening again.  He also throws in vicious anti-Americanism from time
to time, as all have seen.  These accusations are utterly irrational
and completely unconnected to what anyone ever said.

A consensus to ban him was forming before he suddenly disappeared,
temporarily it would seem.

As for the "Indian kid", I assume that is a reference to User:Arvindn,
an excellent contributor who used his knowledge of India to try to find
balance on disputed articles.  Indeed, I asked for Arvindn's help a few
weeks ago when a spree of India articles suffered LA-style edits.  Or,
it may be a reference to User:KRS, also a good contributor.

In the midst of the Gujarat edit war, Angela stepped in to ask for a
resolution, eventually leaving it to Bcorr to mediate, which he did by
building a new article from the ground up.  Since it was a
straightforward matter of LA forcing a POV, the newly created article
looked much like the NPOV one.  Apparently LA now believes we must all
have been in it together.

The spat over Iyer is because he has ties to communist groups but
denies being a communist.  Nevertheless, LA wants to flatly state he is
a communist at every mention, in violation of NPOV policy.

As for Angela and me, I've had only a minor interactions with her (on
VfD, mostly).  Really, There Is No Cabal.

It might be considered that he *has* made helpful edits to
non-controversial India articles, though not many.