[WikiEN-l] Re: Sysop numbers

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 11 12:53:13 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote

> I'm having trouble extracting from your message whether you are
> advocating (a) limiting the amount of sysops, or (b) increasing them.

I was of course responding to posts suggesting a decrease in numbers would
be welcome.

<snip>

> The number of sysops is not something that we should (or even can)
> regulate. It's a quantity that evolves by itself.

I don't know about that.  Appointment could be for a limited term, for
example; with a need to stand for re-election.  The system could probably be
tweaked in other ways.

Not that I advocate that.  I thought it was better to make a new thread in
which to discuss the numerical side.

Charles