[WikiEN-l] RickK

Fennec Foxen fennec at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 00:02:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:01:43 -0700, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> I would support any move to reduce the number of sysops.

Wow. That's an awfully categorical statement. So would you support
legions of trolls organizing themselves offsite then coming on
Wikipedia and harrassing dozens of sysops until they quit out of
frustration? ... that's rhetorical, of course.

We don't need fewer sysops- we need both more good sysops and
more-good sysops. Perhaps we do need a more effective method to
desysop certain controversial sysops, but consider how many people
would categorically object to taking any sort of action of this
nature. It's difficult enough to get rid of simple trolls (I'm not
naming names here), and even cases such as that of Paul Vogel have
taken quite some time to come to a head. Desysopping is likely to
prove even less simple.