[WikiEN-l] Let's edit Augusto Pinochet again

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Jun 10 14:14:09 UTC 2004

No one has accepted my offer to avoid editing the Augusto Pinochet
article, so I'm withdrawing it. I made some minor edits this morning:
nothing I think Cantus or 172 (Abe) would object to. Just added the same
links I put in the other 1973-coup-related articles (which no one
reverted or commented upon); broke the first paragraph into two parts;
and tweaked a link to [[List of Presidents of Chile]] so that it would
_not_ imply that Pinochet was "elected". Fair enough?

By the way, I am perfectly willing to be held to the same standards as
any other admin. So if there is an unwritten rule that we should not (1)
unprotect an article, (2) edit it & (3) leave it unprotected; then I
will be happy to follow this rule. But I think it should be written down
somewhere, so I don't forget it.

There are lots of rules, and sometimes they change faster than I can
keep up with. I appreciate any guidance others wish to give me, and in
case of doubt I'm always willing to stop editing any given article -- or
even to take some time off.

We're all in this together, and we need to help each other to make an
accurate and neutral encyclopedia. I try not to take offense when people
give me guidance, and I'm sorry if I've given offense when trying to
guide others.

Abe, will you accept my apology?

Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed