[WikiEN-l] Re: A first encounter with Categories

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 01:22:23 UTC 2004

Well, errr, don't worry. Things will sort out on time :-)
You are correct that bots may cause problems...

I fear I disagree with you when you say "everyone knows everything about
it but me". Categories seem a bit anarchic right now (well, last time I
succeeded to edit was 2 days ago...) and it seems functionalities bits
were forgotten in software update. No one knows everything. Ever :-)

I'd like to support a comment made previously. It has to do with
categories and meta tagging.

Proper meta tagging will allow our content to be neatly organised and
easy to search. Proper meta tagging implies neat categories, which may
be crossed by other neat categories. Internet is a huge mess of data,
most of them are very poorly referenced. We'll become a serious
reference if our content is cleanly tagged, hence searchable with
complex queries.

[[list of museums in Australia with a chinese flag hanging above the
entrance door]] is of no use.

Search "[[museum]]" where "[[country]] is 'australia'" and "[[topic]] is
'China'" is useful.

To be useful, meta-tags must be large rather than very specific. Query
gives the specificity.