[WikiEN-l] 172

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 08:11:55 UTC 2004

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:

"In this case, 172 was bullied
off by people who have yet to respond to the content of his arguments beyond
some rhetorical ranting about things which are barely relevant to the
content at
hand. It was done with personal attacks, using terms such as Stalinist,
revisionist, totalitarian, etc. It was also done (sorry, Ed, but I have to
point
this out) by having the title "Can we ban 172 now" appear countless times as
an
email header."

I think that Ed Poor got what he'd wanted all along. Right after I announced
that I'd be leaving Wikipedia, Ed Poor unprotected [[Augusto Pinochet]]
writing, "after recent discussions on the mailing list, I hope we can work
together now." See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Protection_log

Then, also without discussing his intentions, he unilaterally removed the
reference to U.S. backing from the Pinochet article
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Augusto_Pinochet&diff=3940359&oldid=3939010)

And I'm the one who should be banned, right?