[WikiEN-l] Dealing with conflicts (was: ban 172 & VV)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Jun 1 21:02:48 UTC 2004

Viajero wrote:

> Ed, a process for dealing with such conflicts is
> evolving and it is called the Arbitration Committee.
> Such matters aren't tackled on an ad hoc manner on the
> ML anymore.

Eh, what's that, sonny? Speak up, so dear old Uncle Ed can hear you; I'm
getting hard of hearing and forgetful in my old age. ;-)

In the last six months, the conflict-resolution process has changed
faster than I can keep up with it. Clearly the days are gone when I was
counted on as a sort of second-to-last resort to take bold action when
the committees were taking endless amounts of time to consider an issue
and getting nowhere. But what happened to quickpolls? By the time I
finally figured out how they worked, and was ready to submit a case, I
was told they no longer existed.

Help a poor old man cross this street, and you're sure to win a merit
badge!

Gray-haired Uncle Ed