[WikiEN-l] latex formatting of articles

Juha jvierine at tml.hut.fi
Thu Jul 29 18:48:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

Has anybody thought about automatically formatting articles with latex?
I wrote a small script that uses the Special:Export method do download
an article. This is then converted into latex format and processed into
a pdf. I was quite happy with the result, although the script was just a
quick stab. Here's an example:
http://beam.acclab.helsinki.fi/~jvierine/Niels_Henrik_Abel.pdf

Are there any plans to add a "download pdf version of article" feature
into mediawiki? It seems that it wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Is there a way to get articles in an even more structural format that
with Special:Export? This would make the parsing less error-prone (now I
sometimes get strange errors). I read something about mediawiki DTD in
the meta-wiki, but the article didn't say if somebody was working on it.

juha