[WikiEN-l] Re: Scarcity of Uncle Ed

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 18:46:37 UTC 2004

Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> I have been asked to avoid further personal use of the Internet at work,
> and I don't have a high-speed line at home. So, you won't be seeing much
> of Uncle Ed at the Wikipedia website for the indefinite future.

You would not believe how hard it is for me not to do the same...
I succeed not to connect to wp anymore (I rarely did anyway)
I chose not to receive any mails from all wikimedia mailing lists, to
ensure I would not answer ml mails from my job

Now, I still have to kill my email account on yahoo.

...or block yahoo from my computer... not sure... this might be a better
solution. If a nice developer knew how to do that and could explain it
to me... I am interested :-)

> I will continue to administer the English Wikipedia mailing list. And
> post my usual trenchant commentary...
>
> I'll pop in from time to time at the website, but it will be irregular
> and sporadic.

get high speed line at home Ed :-)