[WikiEN-l] Re: Current Events July 23rd 2004. Zero0000 abusing admin privs

zero 0000 nought_0000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 14:19:18 UTC 2004

"Harry Smith" is a far-right-wing fanatic who has been a menace
for quite a while under various guises (earlier "OneVoice" and
for the past few months anon IPs).  I think there is something
wrong with him as his behavior is very bizarre and obsessive.

Viajero listed him at Requests for Arbitration not long ago.
In recent times, protecting Wikipedia from him has become quite
a chore and I don't know why my little available time has to be
so occupied when I would much prefer to be writing articles.
So I started to block him and wrote this information on the
RfA page so that the arbitrators have a chance to look at what
I'm doing and tell me to stop if they wish.  I think he should
be banned permanently.

In case anyone is actually interested in the Current Events issue
he raised, there was an initial report widely taken up by many
media outlets then a couple of days later there was a corrected
version that was less widely reported.  "Harry" thinks that by
finding more copies of the first report than of the second report
he can prove the first report is true!  And this is a *good*
example of his logical skills.  (Everyone knows that when a
newspaper admits they are wrong then they probably were.) In any
case, the event is nowhere near significant enough for Current
Events, but is just one example of the crud "Harry" has been
filling up Current Events with.  People have started complaining
on the Talk page and rightly so.

Zero.