[WikiEN-l] Re: Somebody with a good reputation will write a critical article about Wikipedia and esp. the article [[Prem Rawat]] that is locked now

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Jul 25 21:35:00 UTC 2004

Andries Krugers Dagneaux wrote:

> I receive an email from somebody who expressed his disappointment with
> Wikipedia, especially with regards to the article on the controversial
> inspirational speaker and former guru Prem Rawat
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prem_rawat. The person who intends to write
> a critical article about Wikipedia is  an ex-follower and has a good
> reputation. I do not like Wikipedia's reputation to get hurt because of
> his article on his website but I cannot do anything for three reasons.
> First, the article is locked. Secondly, I will be away from the internet
> for some time. Thirdly, the situation is still highly polarized as can
> be read on the talk page.

I don't see the problem. Why doesn't he just write a new article at
[[Prem Rawat/Temp]]? Isn't that the correct way of doing this? Let him
know that he's perfectly entitled to use parts of the existing article
(the source code of which he can easily access), but should be aware
that it's not wise to use the parts that are unter controversy. :)

Timwi