[WikiEN-l] Russian constitutional crisis of 1993

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Sun Jul 25 11:32:15 UTC 2004

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

> Today's featured article is a delightful read, but strikes me as
> terribly one-sided.  The adjectives applied to Yeltsin in this
> conflict are consistently negative, and the advjectives applied to his
> opponents are consistently positive.  The reality is much more
> complex.
>
> It is unusual for  a featured article to be so problematic.

As commented elsewhere, much of this article was written by 172, and the
bulk of it quite recent. I also enjoyed the read.

However NPOV a writer might consider themselves, I do not think one can
shoot the messenger.

My guess is the problem is the approval phase of a featured article,
something I know nothing about, but I would suggest that any proposed
featured article be checked to see if there has been cosmopolitan input.

I am aware of 172's writing style, having come across his contributions
to Zimbabwe-related pages.

I personally value his style as keeping pages that are easy candidates
for POV editing clear of mud-slinging, and suitably encyclopedic.

Cheers,     Andy - aka [[User:Wikiwizzy]]