[WikiEN-l] Russian constitutional crisis of 1993 (Fred Bauder)

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 14:16:37 UTC 2004

fredbaud at ctelco.net wrote:

You have made it abundantly clear that other editors are definitely not
welcome. Thus the sorry state of our articles in this area. I know your
interpretation of the "Russian constitutional crisis of 1993" is not to be
trusted. Yet I wonder what did happen... Not much chance I'll be able to
find out by consulting Wikipedia any time soon.

The page histories and talk pages say otherwise. (1) On Russian
constitutional crisis of 1993, I did not revert recent copyediting
(User:Sj's in particular); and I support those changes. (2) On History of
post-Soviet Russia, the only other user who has made a substantial
contribution is User:Paranoid; I welcomed his/her changes a few weeks ago as
well. (3) Before your latest personal attack, I put History of post-Soviet
Russia on peer review. (4) Another user posted an excerpt of the FAC process
on the talk page of Russian constitutional crisis of 1993. This page will
also demonstrate that your claims are clearly wrong and mean-spirited. For
example, after User:A. Shetsen laid out several sets of concerns on FAC, he
had apparently felt satisfied enough with my responses on FAC and my changes
to the article that he withdrew his objections to the featuring of the
article. A couple of users made briefer comments. I then addressed their
concerns; they were satisfied as well and their objections were subsequently
withdrawn as well.

I can't think of too many other examples off the top of my head, but keep in
mind that this wasn't a heavily edited area to begin with before I started
recent work on post-Soviet Russia. The record will show that I have made a
number of good-faith efforts to bring other users into the fold on an area
of articles that haven't been getting as much attention as they should be
getting.

Finally, I challenge Fred Bauder to find ONE clear factual inaccuracy in
Russian constitutional crisis of 1993. Back up your personal attacks with
evidence for one.

-172