[WikiEN-l] issues

Anthony DiPierro anthonydipierro at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 01:54:57 UTC 2004

"In the particular case of Martha Stewart, Anthony takes matters into
his own hands, breaking long-standing rules that Anthony knows all about."

I think you have mischaracterised this severely.  There is absolutely *no
rule* saying that Raul has the right to do whatever he wants on that page.
He merely has been permitted to do whatever he wanted in the past because he
wasn't doing anything that people disagreed with.  If this were an article,
this would be clearcut.  See [[Wikipedia:Ownership of articles]].  But for
some reason because it is a template suddenly people are claiming that it
can be owned, and that a single person can do whatever he wants?  Well,
perhaps now that it is clear that people will be blocked for disagreeing
with Raul on a template that can be considered a rule, but it certainly
wasn't a long-standing rule before that.

As for Raul's comment:  "As a result, unlike all previous proposals, it
seems like it might actually reduce the work and the bickering. If this had
been brough up before Anthony's vandalism spree, I would have supported it
just the same." I'd note that my proposal, which is nearly identical to the
one which apparently is going to be implemented, had no voting involved.

As for Jimbo's comment (he apparently doesn't know the full story) that I
should have used the mailing list, I have had nothing but trouble with the
mailing list.  I'm not even sure if this will go through.  The mailing list
is a terrible place to run a wiki.  The wiki should be run on the wiki
itself.

Instead of inserting a conclusion here, I'm going to take another day or
more to think about things first.  I'm seriously disturbed by the hypocrisy
of this organisation right now.