[WikiEN-l] Re: Anthony and the Main Page edit war

Mark Pellegrini mapellegrini at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 23:55:33 UTC 2004

I should point out that this is the second day in a row Anthony has pulled a
stunt like this. Yesterday, when Jim Henson was featured with a fair use
picture, he removed the picture (causing a revert war betwene him and
several
others) and then when the page was protected (by me) he uploaded a blank
image to replace it. When people reverted that, he got into a revert war on
the
image page. Like today, all this edit warring was visible on the main page.

Anthony is doing this just because he can, because Wikipedia has no
guidelines
against users who are out to disrupt things.

Futhermore, I don't particularly like the suggestion that his actions
motivated policy.
As I said on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:Feature : "I've
opposed previous
proposals for voting on stuff because it would add a helleva lot of work to
the process
(as people above have said). The reason I support this is because it
contains no voting.
As a result, unlike all previous proposals, it seems like it might actually
reduce the work
and the bickering. If this had been brough up before Anthony's vandalism
spree, I would
have supported it just the same. Raul654 22:23, Jul 20, 2004 (UTC)

--Mark