[WikiEN-l] Dan, Zero, NPOV and the Israel Shahak article

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 21:12:19 UTC 2004

Dan Keshet writes:
> Please don't personalize the issue as if Zero were the
> only one who disagrees with your text.  It is wrong on
> many accounts, accounts which I have described on the
> talk page.

Huh? I haven't seen any errors noted by you in the article
text. All I have seen is your personal support for Israel
Shahak's claims about the Jews. (i.e. you haven't disputed
the views of anyone mentioned.)

You repeatedly claim that YOUR OWN READING of Jewish texts
leads you to conclude that Israel Shahak attacks on Jews
are correct, and that people who disagree with him are in
error. But that is YOUR OPINION. This article is not about
your opinion, it is not about Zero's opinion, nor is about
my opinion. (Nor, for that matter, are you qualified to be
an expert on interpreting 2,000 years of rabbinic
literature.)

We are obligated to follow NPOV policy, which states that
we phrase things like this: Israel Shahak claims X, other
groups disagree claiming Y.  You and Zero, however, keep
insisting that Shahak is correct, and you are not allowing
the article to fully mention Shahak's views, nor are you
allowing the views of other people to be cited. That
behaviour is a serious violation of Wikipedia NPOV policy.

Both you and Zero have failed to identify a single error in
the text that you keep deleting. Rather, both of you merely
claim that IN YOUR OWN VIEW it is wrong for people to
disagree with Shahak.

You and Zero need to re-read our NPOV article. If we write
an article on "Dan Keshet", in that article we can mention
your views on Shahak and on the Jews. If we write an
article on "Zero000", in that article we can mention Zero's
views on Shahak and on the Jews. But none of your personal
views on this issue should be included in the article on
Israel Shahak.

> I have repeatedly indicated my willingness to use
> mediation to try to improve the discussion, in an
> attempt to lead to a better article.  Zero was hesitant,
> but said he would try it.  Will you join us?

Zero has stated that I am a lunatic who should be banned,
and he uses non-stop reversions to censor every fact that
he doesn't want people to learn about. He refuses to allow
any contributor to use NPOV terminology to mention people
who disagree with Shahak. This is harassment.  Zero is
acting in bad faith, and needs to learn that our articles
include info *whether or not we feel comfortable* with such
info.

Robert (RK)

=====
"No one is poor except he who lacks knowledge....A person who has knowledge has everything.  A person who lacks knowledge, what has he? Once a person acquires knowledge, what does he lack?  [Babylonian Talmud, Nedarim, 41a]