[WikiEN-l] Re: Google ads and other ramblings by Chris

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 15:02:00 UTC 2004

Jimmy-
> It brings in very very close to nothing.  I believe Erik told me when
> I was in Berlin that we are getting close to the threshold for them to
> cut us our first check of $100.  Something like that anyway, I'm sure
> he'll clarify if this is materially wrong.

>From the Cafepress interface:

- - - -

Since your most recent check (which was mailed on July 15, 2004 for
$140.26 and covered all sales through May 2004), you've earned $225.44
through your account.

Of that amount, $100.20 has already cleared the mandatory 30 day return
period, and will appear in your next check (unless you spend it as
CafeCash!).

The other $125.24 comes from sales in the past 30 days, and remains in a
"pending state" until the items can no longer be returned. Once the 30-day
return period has elapsed, the commission is no longer pending, and
therefore becomes available to you, either through a check or as CafeCash.

- - -

So sales appear to be increasing, thanks in large part to the shop being
prominently featured on the fundraising page. Of course the fact that
quite a few people now have Wikipedia wall clocks, Wikipedia bags,
Wikipedia mugs, Wikipedia caps and Wikipedia shirts is cool on its own.

Regards,

Erik