[WikiEN-l] I am out of here

Muriel Gottrop gottrop at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 12:33:05 UTC 2004

Fellow wikipedians,

it makes me sad, but i believe the wikipedia.en is turning mad. I found myself drifting further and further away and now i shall stop contributing.
Wikipedia.en looks like an high-school, with all its cliche characters: the populars, the nerds, the bully-boys, the conflicts between groups, the pretty girls, the independent mind, which are, therefore, outsiders. I went through all of this 10 years ago in David Game College in London. I am sick of pseudo-problems and problemettes invented by people who frankly seem to have nothing else to do.

Finlay described the problem well on his talk page:Wikipedia - Unemployed PhD death match.

The problem i think resides not on the wikipedia concept, but on the size of the wiki.en, so enormous that became an aquarium of human society. Thats neat, but i dislike big societies, politics, lobbying and influence games. I shall continue, but in wiki.pt, a tiny livable thing - like Portugal.

I hope that one day Recent Changes will not be a TV program. That would be a sign that the world had gone beserk (even more). I wish you all the best not in wiki, but in real life.

Muriel