[WikiEN-l] The Church of Scientology is discovered to have discovered Wikipedia!

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Jul 14 14:43:56 UTC 2004

David Gerard wrote:
> Not 'practitioners', but the organisation itself. That's different.

I recently told a reporter that representatives of the Chinese
government are welcome to edit zh.wikipedia.org if they like.  I think
we can extend the same courtesy to representatives of the Church of
Scientology.

Of course, as with any highly ideological and controversial topic, a
careful approach to NPOV is warranted.  Particularly given the fact
that many Scientologists feel that they have been portrayed unfairly
in the media, I think they will welcome the chance to participate in a
truely neutral forum.

Of course, just as with Democrats, Republicans, Greens, Catholics,
Jews, Athiests, whatever, there is the chance that overly partisan
people may have a rough emotional time of it.  But we can proceed with
professionalism and love in all cases, towards a solid outcome.

--Jimbo