[WikiEN-l] Re: Abusive email

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 05:35:42 UTC 2004

Mark Richards wrote:

>Well, I didn't appreciate your trolling on my talk
>page, if that's what you are refering to, in general
>though, I do love the ability of talk and user pages
>to represent a diverse range of views. If you want to
>call that trolling, then fine, but it's not a very
>useful definition.
>Mark

>> This from Mister "I love trolls."
>>
>> RickK

I originally thought this subject heading meant that the posts were
_about_ abusive email, not that they _contained_ abusive email. Could
people be so kind as to conduct their personal disputes by private
email? Wikiquette applies on the mailing lists, just like on the wiki
itself.

I haven't checked who does or does not have email delivery enabled
through Wikipedia, but the email addresses of everyone in this little
squabble have been made available through the messages on this list. So
people should be perfectly capable of sending and receiving their
abusive emails without bothering everyone else.

--Michael Snow