[WikiEN-l] Something different - Internet traffic?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 7 15:11:31 UTC 2004

Just as a change of topic(s): does anyone have some figure on the growth of
Internet, or WWW, traffic, say from the start of 2004?  I ask this out of
interest in the interpretation of WP's position in ranking (Alexa).  This is
no longer consistently rising; but I notice that many of the comparison
sites are actually in decline, compared with start 2004.

This would make some sense, given  the continuing heavy load on WP's
servers, if WP is attracting some constant proportion of a growing 'cake'
(traffic total); while other sites have constant traffic but therefore a
lower share.  So I would find it of interest if this could be confirmed

Charles