[WikiEN-l] Re: proposal: rename "Votes for deletion" to "Triage"

Robert Dodier robert_dodier at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 02:18:14 UTC 2004

Angela wrote:

> VfD should not be used as a general forum to determine what to do
with
> an article. VfD is for pages that should be deleted. If it needs
> redirecting or whatever, list it on Cleanup,  discuss it on the talk
> page, or just take the action required. If it's a copyvio, list it on
> [[Wikipedia:Copyright problems]]. Misuse of VfD is a reason to change
> the way people use it, not a reason to rename it.

Part of the point is that VfD has evolved into a forum for
general purpose review of an article. I really don't see
anything wrong with that. We could create a new page called
"General review" and then nag people not to use VfD for that,
but it's much simpler, and achieves the same purpose, to
simply rename VfD.

VfD became what it is today because it fills a need. When VfD
was created, the need wasn't foreseen.

Robert Dodier
(Wile E. Heresiarch)