[WikiEN-l] proposal: rename "Votes for deletion" to "Triage"

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 2 09:26:41 UTC 2004

Robert Dodier wrote

> It turns out that VfD is used as a general forum to
> determine what to do with an article. Deletion is an
> option but redirect, cleanup, & copyvio are used as well.
> So I suggest renaming "Votes for deletion" to "Triage".

It's more like a filter, in a way.  I don't have an immediate answer to the
VfD issue.  I'd prefer it divided into some rough categories, by topic area.
I can see that this goes against the idea that it should be run as a
rough-and-ready democratic forum.  I also think WP could move to more
explicit page-rating levels, with say 1 = good stub, 5 = featured article.
This allows level 0 = serious need of clean-up, -1 for delete if not quickly
salvaged, -2 = rapid delete.

Charles