[WikiEN-l] ezresults not playing fair?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 04:45:49 UTC 2004

Christopher Mahan wrote:
>This web site is, I think, not playing fair.
>
>http://www.ezresult.com/article/Easter_Bradford
>
>See the non-links to original articles, and image of wikipedia reference.

It uses a cgi script or something like it to redirect users to the real
Wikipedia article - users still get there. But they do say that the "Original
article" is available under terms of the GNU FDL.

For them to use our content *their* version also has to be under the GNU FDL.
This, IMO, is a violation of the letter of the GNU FDL and therefore
technically voids their rights to use our articles. But I'm sure they would
change this if pressed. It is, IMO, a minor point considering the many other
websites who have outright stolen our articles with no credit or links.

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sites_that_use_Wikipedia_for_content

and,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sites_that_use_Wikipedia_for_content#ezResult.com