[WikiEN-l] Concise Print Wikipedia (WARNING)

Daniel P.B.Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Sun Feb 29 12:28:28 UTC 2004

> I haven't really been paying attention, but it seems like the
> possibility of a printed snapshot of Wikipedia is under discussion.
>
> I hope you are all very very VERY familiar with the disastrous
> experiences of Eric Weisstein when he gave a publisher permission to
> print a snapshot of his online mathematics encyclopedia.
>
> See  http://mathworld.wolfram.com/docs/legal.html .

And, for a nice concise version of the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MathWorld

--
Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at world.std.com alternate:
dpbsmith at alum.mit.edu
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/