[WikiEN-l] Plautus was kicked off this list

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Feb 28 02:02:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Jimmy Wales wrote:

> I'm not sure what Ed's talking about, vis-a-vis the vote, but to be
> clear, I kicked Plautus off the list on my own initiative because I'm
> sick of his nonsense.
>
> Please know that this guy is sending me many many many emails that I
> can only charitably describe as perplexing.
>
> He seems to think that somehow Disney is behind all this, among a
> number of other interesting theories about people using pre-arranged
> and encrypted signals, etc.

Great. All this time I thought I was contributing to something that
wouldn't get gobbled up by corporate culture, & now I find I'm just another
stooge for Disney, soon to be a Paul ("I made the Trailblazers a mediocre
NBA Team") Allen possession. I also expect anyday to find on every page
of Wikipedia a "This page best viewed in Internet Explorer 5.0."

(Okay, so the above was not very funny. At least I'm not the upteenth person
to repeat the obvious comment "I always suspected this was a Mickey Mouse
project" to the confusion of the non-USA people. ;)

Geoff