[WikiEN-l] Print edition

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Feb 27 18:11:19 UTC 2004

Nathan Russell wrote:

> Agreed.  And we should clean up some stuff, for example "list of
> obscure things" articles before we gather content for any such project.

That has nothing to do with the first Print edition.  Lists of obscure
things are a constructive fact of life on Wikipedia, and they can
provide an endless source of fascination to readers.  Wallechinsky's
"Book of Lists" was very popular when it came out, so we shouldn't rule
out this sort of thing for future editions.  The "clean up" proposal
sounds ominous.

Nevertheless, I don't think we're ready to handle this sort of thing for
a first edition with a tight publishing deadline, so it would just not
be imported.

Ec