[WikiEN-l] Re: Privacy of mediation is optional, not a requirement for mediation. I brought the mediation request, I want it open.

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 07:37:05 UTC 2004

Plautus Satire a écrit:
> I initiated this process, why am I being treated like the defendant when I am the claimant?

I do not think a mediation process should be seen as a procedure where
there is a claimant and a defendent
To my humble opinion, nothing is ever white and black. Anyone does
little mistakes sometimes, that does not mean they should undergo a
trial and be punished. That is ok to make little mistakes, especially
when we apology and try to make up for them afterwards.
In mediation, we do just wish that people try to understand the other
point of view better, and sometimes, when they understand better, they
recognise the right of the other to think differently. And sometimes,
they can reach an agreement, at least to forgive the other the mistake.
There is no defended, and no claimant. Either both are "guilty" at the
same time (since they are "guilty" at least in the other person eyes),
or they are just people disagreeing on how to do things.
You are perhaps not a bad person :-) Just a person who things
differently of many of us here ;-)

> Why is the process being ignored here?
>
> There is no requirement of secrecy in mediation.

Yes, in our mediation, there is.

I do not wish it and do not intend to abide by secrecy.

Curps has refused this condition, thus he refuses mediation,

thus my case against him should go to arbitration.

It is up to you to refuse mediation. But *you* are the one refusing it,
if you refuse secrecy. Not Curps. Good luck :-)