[WikiEN-l] Re: Where the Power Lies

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Fri Feb 27 03:13:28 UTC 2004

Rick wrote:

> So where is the Wikipedia jail?  Right now, the accuseds are allowed
> to continue what they were doing, willy-nilly.

To summarize the matters currently under consideration:
* Plautus Satire is currently temp-banned for a week pending a decision
in his case, as Jimbo did so, and there was significant consensus that
this should be done.
* Irismeister was banned for 3 days or so, but is currently unbanned,
and his case is being considered.  He is not currently temp-banned
pending review partly because it seems we have no good way of deciding
when there's a consensus to do so, besides Jimbo doing it, and partly
because it's a lot easier for him to add material in his defense to the
pages where we ask him to add such material if he's not banned.
* Wik was banned by various users for various periods, and is currently
unbanned, and his case is being considered.  He is not currently
temp-banned pending review because there is no consensus that his
behavior is worthy of censure---the comments at
[[Wikipedia:Matter_of_Wik#Statements_by_others]] are 4 in favor of
banning him, 3 opposed to banning him, and 1 neutral.

-Mark