[WikiEN-l] My Turn to Complain about Someone

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Feb 26 21:14:20 UTC 2004

See [[Talk:Eber]] for details, where a kook demands an apology from
me.

Zestauferov has been pushing his own idiosyncratic racial theory about
Jews into as many articles that he can. As far as I can tell, no one
else has ever suggested that the proto-Hebews are a distinct people,
& are somehow related to a number of other peoples (e.g., inhabitants of
the Caucasus, the Hurrians, etc.) Requests for sources that prove these
theories are _not_ his own ideas, when answered, fail to offer any
such evidence -- simply more arguments of questionable quality that this
is fact. And now he's taken to insulting me, & still refuses to even
acknowledge that what he is stating is a theory -- not fact.

I have no problem with "alternative" theories; I know it's more than
likely some will end up being proven true. And the rest are best dealt
with under daylight where they can be seen for what they are. However,
I have problems with people who want to push their own wild ideas into
Wikipedia & claim that they are fact.

I never thought another contributor to Wikipedia would ever get under
my skin like this, but if I were given to such actions, I'd probably
act like a vigilante (e.g., banning him, doing massive reverts to every
article he has touched, etc.) to my discredit.

Geoff