[WikiEN-l] Arbitration progress report #6

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 21:12:06 UTC 2004

So, we have a policy on requests (see below), we're currently looking at
issues of recusal and suchlike. We're currently arbitrating the cases of Wik
and Irismeister, and discussing whether to accept the cases of Heph and
Anthony DiP for arbitration. Plus the normal informal discussion of stuff that
matters.

That's all.

----

The arbitration committee accepts requests for arbitration from anyone;
however, in most cases, the arbitration committee will only hear cases
referred to them by the Mediation Committee or directly from Jimmy Wales.
The arbitration committee will decide whether to accept cases based on its
Jurisdiction, as described previously.

The arbitrators will accept a case if four arbitrators have voted to hear it. The
arbitrators will reject a case if one week has passed AND four arbitrators
have voted not to hear it. Individual arbitrators will provide a rationale for
their vote if so moved, or if specifically requested.

(Rationale: we believe most cases will be self-evident anyway, we don't
believe coming to a consensus over our reasons is a good use of our time)

-Martin