[WikiEN-l] NPOV facts

Bjorn Lindqvist bjrn.lindqvist at telia.com
Thu Feb 26 20:50:01 UTC 2004

> 2. People have continued to say, over the years, that if we dignify
> fringe theories with any better treatment than utter condemnation,
> they'll infect all the mainstream articles. They bring up [[flat earth]]
> or [[Protocols of the Elders of Zion]] (PEZ) as examples. But we already
> have a policy for these topics which works well and is stable.
>
> Ideas held by a partisan minority are labelled "held by a minority", and
> that minority is identified. Believers in a flat earth, by the way, are
> so few that none has ever graced our hallowed halls. Lots of Arabs,
> though, believe (or frequently hear their government-sponsored media
> say) that the PEZ is authentic. The way we treat PEZ is to say that

Lots of Americans and Europeians though, belive (or frequently hear
their government-sponsored media say) that lots of Arabs belive that
the PEZ is authentic.

> * Western historians dismiss PEZ as a fabrication, although several
> Islamic nations officially support it.

* Islamic historians dismiss the resurrection of Jesus Christ as a
fabrication, although several Western governments officially support
that view.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder

BL