[WikiEN-l] NPOV facts (was: I like Plautus)

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 26 15:34:16 UTC 2004

Ed Poor wrote

>The job of the NPOV is not to determine facts, but to describe
/opinions/ about reality without endorsing them. Let's get this
straight. Please.

Let's see - I'm not a big fan of courtroom dramas of the LA Law type, and am
glad they're less in fashion than a few years ago.  I did notice that you
never get to hear the judge's summing-up of the hotshot lawyers' arguments.
That is, summaries of advocacy of contentious matters, properly put in the
context of the 'common ground' in a case, don't make good television.  On
the other hand they are good for Wikipedia.

Charles