[WikiEN-l] Plautus - the last three days

Arno M redgum46 at lycos.com
Thu Feb 26 06:38:49 UTC 2004

Hmm, after viewing messages about Plautus, I must say that I find Jimbo's "All you need is love" response most disappointing.

I must say that he's a busy little beaver. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&hideminor=0&target=Plautus_satire&limit=500&offset=0 shows that he has made over 500 edits over the last three days alone. This includes some articles such as quasar, but mainly in advocating and splattering his ,um, views all over the talk pages.

For instance, on the Sep 11 Attacks page, Plautus is now arguing that the Flight 93 passengers did not charge the hijackers, and is veering that page off in a direction there that may see this site crashing into a lawsuit or two. (He does seem to be saying that the families who reported the phone calls are all liars) The size of the talk page is also growing.

People have now left the wikipedia site, or so I hear, and there's a list of complaints growing on Jimbo's talk page. Let's also not forget what might happen if his stuff gets copied across to other sites that use wikipedia material as all or part of their content.

My own feeling is that Plautus should be given the "Get back to where you once belonged" treatment.
He is completely fouling thiongs up here.