[WikiEN-l] Plautus

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Thu Feb 26 02:33:43 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller wrote:

>Lee-
>

>>We can't decide whether somebody is a cadidate for a ban unless somebody
>>asks us to decide it, you know.
>>

>No. You only accept cases for arbitration unless Jimbo explicitly refers
>them to you. This should be changed immediately. Jimbo is not involved
>enough in the day-to-day workings of the community to make these referral
>decisions.
>
>How fast can you fix that? If we are talking about weeks rather than days
>it's time to return to vigilantism.

 From my understanding we're essentially at a "good enough" working
draft of policies, which should be available in short order.  I believe
the new procedure will be essentially "ask for arbitration, and if 4
members of the committee agree, the case is heard".  There's more
explained in the policy, which I don't think has been posted yet (unless
I just can't find it), but the gist of it that normally only cases that
have had some attempt to mediate will be heard, but that's decided on a
case-by-case basis (we're not going to force people to go through
mediation that's obviously pointless from the start, because that just
wastes the mediation committee's time, and turns them into a waypoint on
the road to banning, while they're supposed to be a problem-resolution
committee that makes bans unnecessary).

-Mark