[WikiEN-l] Plautus

Lee Pilich lee at audiblerecords.com
Thu Feb 26 02:10:27 UTC 2004

At 02:51 26/02/2004 +0100, Erik wrote:

>Lee-
> > We can't decide whether somebody is a cadidate for a ban unless somebody
> > asks us to decide it, you know.
>
>No. You only accept cases for arbitration unless Jimbo explicitly refers
>them to you. This should be changed immediately. Jimbo is not involved
>enough in the day-to-day workings of the community to make these referral
>decisions.
>
>How fast can you fix that? If we are talking about weeks rather than days
>it's time to return to vigilantism.

Well, I can't say how long it will take, because I simply don't know, but I
sorely hope it will indeed be days rather than weeks. If we're not in a
position to decide on hearing cases directly (ie, not through Jimbo) by
this time next week then I'll be disappointed.

The problem is that we're all volunteers, and we have other committments.
I've been very pressed for time recently and so unable to take part in the
discussion much, so it's not really fair for me to criticise the slowness
of the process. I honestly believe that the arbitrators as a whole are
going as fast as they can.

All I can say is that I myself will make an effort to move things on a bit
quicker.

Best
Lee (Camembert)