[WikiEN-l] Re: Instructions

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Feb 25 09:41:45 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

>>> This is the current proposition
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Ratatouille&diff=2514708&oldid=2514051
>>>

>>> I am lucky, I went from "unique complainer" to "minority on the
>>> subject".
>>>
>>> So, the proposition is that unless someone make the specific effort
>>> to save the article, it will be deleted and links not preserved.
>>
>> Maybe it's up to the person complaining to make the changes.  They
>> should learn to do something useful, rather than just going around
>> destroying other people's work.  A lot of people have said keep, but
>> they've moved the recipe anyway to create a fait accompli
>
> Yes, except that the vfd is a pot au feu, sorry, a pit fire. I never
> go there. How can I guess that deletionists are slowly, insidiously,
> sneakily, making all good recipes of serious honest food disappear, to
> make us all eat plastic steack when that is all that is left ?
>
> Since the consensus is "delete, eat food raw, or buy a microwave to
> survive", I asked Erik a new feature that would warn me when vandalism
> over recipees is under way.

Forgive me if  I vent my frustrations about the incrdible ignorance of
the deletionists.  I really haven't had anything to do with recipes, but
I do believe that they quite properly belong in Wikipedia.  I would be
inclined to add more if I had any idea about the subject.  If people
want to start a systematic cookbook in Wikibooks I have no objection to
that; it could even include some or all of the recipes that are in
Wikipedia.  That's no reason to delete them from Wikipedia.

I joined this project with the hope of being able to make constructive
contributions.  I would prefer doing that to looking over my shoulder to
see where some gang wants to keep imposing its narrow views on everybody
else.  Those of us who would give the proposed deletions a fair
consideration don't have the time to waste going over each one in the
detail that they deserve.  Unless people can view these proposed
deletions fairly, any vote for deletion is essentially illegitimate.

Let me know, Anthere, if you need help in reverting these changes.

Ec