[WikiEN-l] Re: HOWTOs/Recipes/Instructions and other imperativecontent

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen jheiskan at welho.com
Wed Feb 25 06:47:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 16:14, Jimmy Wales wrote:

    I'm not a dogmatist on this point (recipes), I'm just throwing out for
    consideration -- what exactly makes this non-encyclopedic, other than
    the constraints of paper on traditional encyclopedias?

    --Jimbo

Even historically, bugger all!

(pardon my french) The original french encyclopaedists made a point of
detailing as many crafts and industries as possible, down to the most
minute detail, with graphic illustrations capable of practical
implementation. This is what made them notable in their own time as
spreading the industrial revolution.

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen (aka Cimon Avaro)