[WikiEN-l] Re: Instructions

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Feb 24 13:44:18 UTC 2004

I think the distinction is between "neutrality" and "advice".

A neutral article /describes/ the various ways to make guacamole or to
raise a child.

A How-To book gives /one author's/ advice about the "best" way to do
something.

Are WikiBooks supposed to be communally-written?

Maybe Ed Poor can write a book about prayer and release it as a "free"
text. But I'd probably like at least one copy of "Uncle Ed's Guide to a
Happy Prayer Life" to remain intact at WikiBooks. If anyone wants to
fork (and make their own, radically different text), they have my
blessing.

I'd like to see a book of Anthere's recipes...

Ed Poor, aka Uncle Ed