[WikiEN-l] Going to Court

Lee Pilich lee at audiblerecords.com
Mon Feb 23 17:34:47 UTC 2004

At 09:43 23/02/2004 -0500, Ed wrote:

>I'd rather not be a volunteer here, if people are going to sue each
>other over talk page comments. If I were on the Arbitration Committee,
>I'd most likely veto to expel anyone who threatened another Wikipedian
>legal action in some real-world court.

Well, I wouldn't put it that broadly - after all, legal action has been
threatened against people who have issued death threats on the Wikipedia,
and there may well be other legitimate reason to threaten a legal action.
But I'd certainly say that threatening users with legal action does not, in
general, indicate a willingness to work in a productive manner with other
users and is likely to create an unpleasant work environment. In extreme
cases these things may well be grounds for banning people.

Just my view, of course.

Lee (Camembert)